Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ikina Isshou (A Ramen Shop)

I think the most delicious food in Japan should be "sushi", but I do know some foreign people don't like it as they're not used to eating raw fish. When I was 7 years old or younger, I didn't like sushi either, and I hated "uni" (sea urchin) very much, which IS now my favorite.

 But I'm pretty sure our noodles "Ramen" should be liked by more foreign people. Some say "Ramen" originated in China, and you can have Ramen in China too, but the Ramen you can taste in Tokyo would be much different. I've tried several Ramen shops in Tokyo since the last year, and this would be the 7th or 8th Ramen shop. 


People have Ramen in summer too, but when it's cold like 10 degrees Celsius, Ramen would make you feel warm. This Ramen shop called "Ikina Isshou" or "The nifty life" is just a 10 minutes walk from Akihabara station. 


How does this look in your eyes? I wish I could share the taste of this Ramen, but this is the limit of the Internet. I waited for just a few minutes before this Ramen was served. There are many other blogs that introduce Ramen shops in Akihabara, so I recommend you check some of them before you come to this anime epicenter. 

Honestly I think more pictures would make it easier for you to see what Japan is like, but sometimes I end up taking just a few pics. So, I hope I will be able to write English sentences better enough to make up for lack of pictures.