Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sushi for lunch

It's Sunday evening in Japan, and today I went to a sushi bar to have lunch. I tend to have lunch at home over the weekend these days, but since an ad said this sushi bar would serve a sushi set for about 780 yen, I called up my friends and went there.

 This sushi bar was in the countryside of my city. The name was "Sushi Ryuu". As I explained before, Ryuu or Ryu means "dragon". So the fighter named "Ryu" in the game "Street Fighter 2" is the same as this Ryuu.  

 Saw this flower at the bay window. When we put flowers in a jar, we say "ikeru". Ikeru means something like "let it live", so we basically put flowers in a jar to keep them alive for a while.

 And saw this crane. Cranes are designated as a protected species in Japan.

I thought this sushi tasted good in proportion to the price. As you can see, every sushi on the plate wasn't expensive, and tuna sushi isn't basically supposed to be so red as this. Tuna sushi looks really good when it is a bit pink. 

You couldn't always have good sushi at a sushi bar. Kaiten-zushi might be sometimes better.