Friday, April 2, 2010

Anime goods available -part 5-

As I showed you last week, I go to Akihabara from time to time, but usually I have to rely on Wondergoo to buy manga, or something related to anime. There are 3 or 4 Wondergoos in my neighborhood, but each of them sometimes sells different goods. And this one in Moriya city, which is about a dozen kilometers away from where I live, is as big as the one in the center of my city. 

As I showed in this posting, the Haruhi movie was released in February and the anime shops across the nation are out to sell merchandise related to the movie.

I don't remember exactly, but a Japanese dish called "Oden" is said to have appeared in the movie. And this is "Ryoko Asakura's Oden". On the upper left you can see a sample of Oden. I don't know if it's good, but I think a Haruhi fan wouldn't care about its taste as long as it is related to the movie.

As you know, a series of manga sometimes has dozens of volumes, so manga shops sell them bundled together. And if you want to sell mangas, a secondhand bookstore would buy them at a higher price if you sell all the volumes as a set.

Anime fans should know that the second season of K-ON! starts this month. Those who live in the Kanto region would see the anime on the 6th. And what you see in the center are books that have drawings of the K-ON! characters. The white Hiragana says, "Welcome back!!". 

Any manga soon gets obsolete. And some of these mangas cost as little as a dime. But if you're a fan of old mangas, these should be bargains for you.

An anime called "Working!!" is going to be broadcast also this month. This is basically a comedy, and the story is about teens working for a family restaurant. I'm planning to see the first episode to see if it's interesting. 

I think I can get any information on any anime on the Internet, but when I drop by a Wondergoo, I find some anime info I didn't know. I think this is one of the advantages in living in this anime country.