Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Walk in Akihabara -5-

One of my friends is a huge fan of Akihabara, but he likes it not because he's an anime fan, but because the district is where young people hang out, and in fact there are many restaurants, coffee shops that satisfy the young. As I said before it takes about 45 minutes to reach this place, but since my neighborhood is a bit boring for me, we decided to visit Akihabara again. I was starting to wonder if we would come here at least once a month.


I could ride the Joban Line, but I preferred Tsukuba Express, whose terminal station in Akihabara was located underground. I had to climb a few escalators to get out.

Somehow, we had bad weather so often in April, and I think this was the coldest April I've ever experienced. You can see people wearing much on the street.

As I told you before, we had decided to have lunch at Go! Go! CURRY! . I had to wait for about 10 minutes until two seats were available. This is the interior of the restaurant.

I'm usually very careful not to gain weight, so I ordered this one named "healthy curry". I liked the taste of the curry very much, so I'd like to try another kind next time.

Anime fans know that K-ON!! Second season started this month, and this instrument shop had this poster at the entrance. The opening and ending song of K-ON!! were so good that anime fans would want to try an electric guitar or the other instruments.

Even though it was raining, people were having food served by these stalls. The left truck was selling "Kebab", which is a kind of Turkish dish.

I found another Kebab stall on the street. Is it now cool to have Kebab in Akihabara??  I don't know.

The eighth floor of this building is "AKB48 theater" where an event related to an idol group AKB48 is held almost everyday. Akihabara is now one of the places in Tokyo where events of idols and Seiyuu are often held. 

---to be continued---