Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sakura in bloom

It has been a little too cold recently, and that has prevented some Sakura trees from blooming fully. It was reported that the Sakura trees in Tokyo were already in full bloom yesterday, but since I live in a bit north of Tokyo, I haven't been able to take pics of fully blooming Sakura trees. But I went out today to show you the Sakura in my region.

There is "The Fukuokazeki Sakura park" about several kilometers away from my home, and it is one of the most renowned places in Ibaraki prefecture where you can see great Sakura. 

It was a bit cloudy with occasional sunshine when I went out, so I had to wait for the sun to come out of clouds from time to time.

There were many stalls that were selling foods like "Takoyaki" to people who were there.
This is a canal that is next to a river called "Kokai". Some blossoms weren't in full bloom as you can see, but isn't this a good view?
This was one of the good pics I took today.

A close-up pic of Sakura blossoms against the background of the canal.

I didn't know there was a shrine, but there was one called "Ina Shrine" near the river. Does this seem Japanese-styled in your eyes?

There was the city hall on my way back home, and this Sakura was in full bloom.
These trees were also in the premises of the city hall. I wished the weather had been much better.

Hopefully, I want to take more pics of the Sakura in my area later. I think in a few days almost all the Sakura trees in my city will blossom fully =)