Saturday, February 6, 2010

Haruhi movie (the content excluded)

  I think lots of anime fans have been waiting for the release of the Haruhi movie, and today, February 6th, I went to see it. I think it would be better if i don't reveal the content of the movie, as I don't want to spoil anything for you. So let me show you how a movie theater nearby was pitching the movie and so on. 

  
 When I came to the movie theater in January to pre-order a ticket, it was showing this board. Even in Japan, other American movies like Avatar are more popular, so I doubted many people were paying attention to this.
 
  
 I got this flier at the theater. You can see the same picture on the official Haruhi movie website.

  
 The back of the flier. The Japanese sentence in the center reads, "Ready? Of course, I am, because I'm a first member of the SOS brigade."

  
  I got this temporary ticket that I can exchange with a real ticket from February 2nd on. Nagato looks very good. It cost about 16 us dollars. If I had come here in December, I could have gotten a Haruhi bookmark as a giveaway, but I didn't know that >.<

  
 I was snowing on the night of the day when I could get a ticket and reserve a seat. So I was sweating I couldn't get here 'cause I didn't have snow tires. 

  
 ...and the one in the left is a ticket. When I came here, almost all the good seats had been snatched away, but G-17 is a seat close to the center of the theater, so it's still good.

  
 They were selling many Haruhi goods. This is a poster in which the brigade members are enjoying the cherry blossoms. Can't wait for the April to come.

   Most of you should know that this time the most featured character is Nagato. Without Haruhi, this anime wouldn't be this popular, but I think Nagato has played important roles in almost every episode, which explains her popularity.

  
 Many people would buy these Haruhi goods, especially because they are available only during this period.

  
 This is a poster that was displayed today, and I saw this for the first time. 

   When I came to see the movie today, I had expected to see otaku people only, but I mainly saw ordinary people who I would see at a shopping mall. There were people in their teens, twenties, and thirties. 

  
 It was going to be showed 5 times today at this theater. 

 
This Haruhi was standing in front of the door of the theater. Some people were taking pics of the Haruhi and their friends standing side by side. 

 
This memo pad was given to people who came to see the movie today. Basically everybody can get it, but the number of the giveaway was limited.

 

And I bought these bookmarks. They are made of plastic, so they won't wear out easily. I wondered why the three girls are wearing the Gekisou outfits, but I guess it's because the Gekisou figurines are more popular than the others.  

Hope everybody else in the world will see this movie too and hear what they would think of it =)