Friday, August 14, 2009

Akihabara

Gamers in Akihabara.
website:http://cgi.broccoli.co.jp/gamers/honten2/floor.html#g3


Akibaoo in the mecca of otaku or geeks.
website:http://www.akibaoo.co.jp/01/main


Yesterday I went to Akihabara to buy a new digital camera for me. Akihabara is well-known for being a place where geeks get together and girls do cosplay, but it is also a place where people can get electrical goods on the cheap. The camera I bought was cheaper by about 6,000yen than ordinary mass retailers like Bic Camera or Yodobashi Camera.

And as I like anime, I dropped by "Gamers" where lots of video games and figures are sold. It is also a place where anime-related events are held, and Minori Chihara is scheduled to appear at the store this October. Some of you might know Konata from Lucky Star buys manga at this Gamers.



You will see Kagami, Tsukasa, and Miyuki are being accosted by geeks in front of Gamers in the beginning of the video at 0:27.



Also I went to "Akibaoo" to see if anything is sold cheaply. Inside the store there were lots of clothes for cosplay and figures as well. And when I got out of the store I saw some maid girls strolling in the streets to ask people to come to their cafe.