Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tokyo Skytree

Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a while. It was partly because I haven't done anything special enough to upload. But on Saturday I went to see Tokyo Skytree, which opened last month. 


 As usual I took advantage of TX line, and got off the train at Asakusa station. I walked from the station to another to get to the Tree. When I was walking, I came across this Kabuki statue. 

And this is the station that is the nearest to Tokyo Skytree. The name for this station is as you can see "とうきょうスカイツリー駅", which can be written in English "Tokyo Skytree Station".  


There were several floors from which you can look up to the tower, but you'd have to ride a few escalators to get a nice view. 


 How does it look? I wanted to climb up to an upper level, but tickets had been sold out for a limited number of people, and people like me just had to look up. 

 This is the foot of the tower. The height is 634 meters. 634 can be read as "Mu Sa Shi", and it is the name of a renowned warrior 武蔵. 

It was a bit strange but I saw this Ghibli shop that sold Totoro's stuffed toys and what not. It would seem "Japanese" to foreign people anyways. 

If you come to Japan on and after July 11, you can buy tickets without reservation. It's just a tower, but at least it's the newest attraction of Japan :)