Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Import Shop (KALDI)

There area five Kaldi outlets in my prefecture.

You might be familiar with this. Snyder's from America.
Chocolate biscuits "Tim Tam" from Australia.


Thai noodles. Since I went to Thailand 2 years ago I've patronized the food from Thailand.
Thai specialty "Tom Yan Kun".

So many kinds of candies from different countries.

Corona beers from Mexico, which I like very much.


Boursin cheese from France.

I've introduced many Japanese things so far, but you know, when one is in his country what attracts him might be something different. Shrines and temples might be new to foreign people but since I'm a Japanese, those things are just ordinary to me. So I sometimes visit an import shop to buy foreign beers, chips, candies and what not.

But when I was a child there wasn't an import shop in my city, and I had to wait for my father to come back from foreign countries with some souvenirs in his trunk. And those souvenirs included candies, chocolates, chips, all of which tasted different from Japanese ones.

I think I'm more interested in foreign countries than ordinary Japanese. So I like music, movies from foreign countries and I also like foreign languages better than other subjects. And the newspaper I read is in English and my favorite TV program is CNN. And since this KALDI opened its first outlet in my city, it has been a place I frequent.

The Internet helps us buy food from abroad, but we would prefer an import shop nearby.