Monday, September 21, 2009

Winery

Welcome to a Japanese winery.
I took in fresh air while sitting in the chair

The wine cellar. It was pitching Chilean wine to celebrate its independence day, Sep. 18th.

A relatively expensive wine in this wine cellar costs as much as 19 us dollars.
The wine cellar.

The inside of the souvenir shop. As you can see it sells grape chocolates. It might be good as a souvenir.

I often drink wine, so I'm lucky to have a winery in a nearby city. This winery is called Shateau Kamiya and it brews its own wine.

Popular liquors in Japan are sake, beer and many people also like to have wine before and in the middle of dinner. And as most of the supermarkets import foreign wine, we can come by a variety of wine easily.

But, you know, when we really want to have a good liquor, it must be brewed locally. This winery was established in 1903, and it has attracted wine aficionados from all over Japan. As I showed with the pictures above, the atmosphere of the winery differs greatly from typical Japanese one. And since I like foreign air great deal, I step in the premises from time to time to feel the difference.