Friday, September 25, 2009

Anime goods available -part 1-

The entrance of a Wonder Goo. It opens at 10am and runs until midnight.

Figurines "Tsuruya-san" and "Mikuru" from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"

Cushion covers. They show that K-ON! is still really popular in Japan.

A Yui T-shirt. Isn't she cute?

Cases that carry a pass. Which one is your favorite?

In the posting "anime and manga" on August 3rd, I reported a little bit on a local shop that sells anime goods, but when I looked back I thought it lacked details. So I decided to go in the shop again to take a closer look at what is sold.

The shop is called "Wonder Goo" and it has several outlets in my prefecture. It not only sells anime goods, but also ordinary magazines, novels, video games, and even cosmetics for ladies. But I think they sell mainly entertainment-related goods which are hot among young people.

I think not all the young Japanese people are into anime and manga, so I wonder what ordinary people would think of those anime goods that are sold in this shop. However it represents one aspect of Japan, namely the otaku culture, which I enjoy tremendously.