Monday, November 5, 2012

Komeda's Coffee

Hi, I'd like to introduce a newly opened coffee shop in my city. It's Komeda's Coffee, which had started its business in Aichi prefecture. I had known this coffee shop for many years, but haven't given it a try because the nearest shop was in Tokyo. But when I went to Tokyo I was forgetful about it. 


 This shop opened on Oct, 17th in my city. My friend had been seeing its construction getting closer to completion, which made me very curious. 


Almost all the seats were occupied. I liked these pillars and roof that were made of wood. The waitress wasn't familiar with the menu yet, so she went back to the kitchen to explain what they could serve. 

This is the set I ordered. The price for the coffee was 500 yen and the egg sand was 490 yen. 990 yen in total, or about 12 US dollars. The coffee was good, but the taste was a little less than worth the price. The egg sand was just okay.

This is the dish my friend ordered. It was a "shrimp cutlet". There were three pieces in one set, and the price was 750 yen or about 7.5 Euros. It was very good, but people would want it to be less than 500 yen, which is the price for a big sandwich you can have at Doutor

To those who can read Japanese: visit the website of this coffee shop.