Friday, January 13, 2012

Walking about in Tokyo

Normally I don't want to spend much on train fares, but my friend insisted we go to Tokyo a second time this year, and I accompanied him as I didn't have anything special to do. But acutally the metropolis never stops making me entertained.

Do you remember I went to a shrine in Akihabara whose name is "Kanda Myoujin"? It's where some members of AKB48 who came of age last year showed up on the 9th. The day is called "Coming-of-Age Day", and it's when people celebrate their adulthood.

It was past noon when we prayed at the shrine, and we were feeling hungry. We were thinking of having Ramen for lunch, but as we were walking past this restaurant, its good smell caught our attention. The Japanese reads "Tadon".

Are you familiar with a kind of beef called "carubi"? It's very soft and has a bit of fat. The price was only 650 yen, and it was enough to make us feel full. We had coffee at a Doutor afterwards.

 I really like to introduce the facade of GAMERS. The ads were renewed this time. When I was walking in front of this, a foreign man was being interviewed by a Japanese TV station. I was curious about what kind of question he was given.

I was looking for rare CD's, and we came to Shinjuku. This is the landmark of the area that is called "STUDIO ALTA". You can see the big TV screen, and it's also where people meet up with their friends or lovers.

There is a cafe in Akihabara "AKIHABARA Backstage Pass", and it was built to compete against AKB48. The producer for this cafe is a guy named "Tsunku", and he made the girls' group "Morning Musume" all the rage until years ago, but lately the group was superseded by AKB48, which is based in Akihabara too. Take a look at the video below to see what the cafe is like. It's in English!