Saturday, June 19, 2010

Purikura

One of my online friends suggested I make a posting on Purikura, and I took some photos of a Purikura machine. It is for girls, or a girl with her boyfriend, so I usually stay away from Purikura machines, but as far as I know it has developed quite significantly recently.

I was a bit too embarrassed when I came closer to this machine. Wish I was a girl. The black kanji say, "The appeal of eyes".  That kind of girls you see are often called "gyaru", and we can see many of them in Shibuya, Tokyo. Here's a pic of Shibuya.I think the age limit of being a gyaru is 24 or younger.
 

You can fine-tune the pics you take. The pen on your right lets you modify the shape of your eyes, eyelashes, and so on. It seems the quality of pics you take is HD, which I think is important since high-schoolers usually don't have digital cameras but cellphones with cameras. I looked around carefully so that I wouldn't be taken as a weird guy >.<