Saturday, May 8, 2010

Walk in Akihabara -7-

This is the 7th posting on Akihabara. I think there are other places in Tokyo where you could see interesting things and good scenery, like Shinjuku, Shibuya, but those places are not for me since I don't like fashionable clothing shops and stuff so much. I tend to wear the same jeans when I go out, and I think people could wear the same favorite pants as long as they're clean. But then again I'd like to introduce those areas too when I have chances to visit them.

Some of you might know Gundam Cafe finally opened in Akihabara on April 24. There are several series of Gundam like V, W, X, and Seed, but when I read an article on this cafe, it seemed to put emphasis on the first series of Gundam.

A Gundam cafe staffer was announcing you should wait for 3 hours before you could take a seat at the table. As far as I saw, there were many young people in line who seemed to be in their teens. I also wanted to go in, but it was so hot that I couldn't have stood the heat.

When I was on my way to Doutor, I saw this girl giving out AKIBA maps to passers-by. Apparently she seemed to be very familiar with the streets of Akihabara. 

A bus was advertising a video game called "Shin Koi-hime Musou Moeshouden", which is playable on computer and due out on July 23. This game will be released for people over 18, so I guess there are some lewd expressions in it.

I introduced this shop called "Akibaoo" before and this time a girl dressed as Miku Hatsune was standing on the balcony. When I aimed my camera at her, she formed that love sign and smiled at me. The left maid is a doll.

For those who want to donate money, there are vending machines in Akihabara that accept your charity. When you donate money to this Akai Hane (red feather) campaign, normally you would get a red feather in exchange for your 10 or 100 yen coin, but this machine just takes in your money.

There is a jeans company called "Jeans Mate" and we can see its outlets throughout Japan. This shop in Akihabara seemed to sell things that would satisfy the need of geeky people in Akihabara. 

At the Jeans Mate. I'm not so familiar with the anime "One Piece", but I bet this guy should be "Sanji". You can see other T-shirts of the anime in the shelf on the right.

This snack is called "Ichigo no Kuni no Ii-tan" or "Ii-tan from the strawberry land" You know, we say "-chan" when we call female friends amicably, and "tan" off the "Ii-tan" is a childish expression of "chan". The small words above her head say " I'd like to work 'berry' hard for the strawberry land".

This train is called "The Keihin-Tohoku Line". This line connects Tokyo and Saitama or Kanagawa. If you want to come from Tokyo station to Akihabara, you can take advantage of the Yamanote Line or this.  

-to be continued-