Friday, December 18, 2009

Bad Ass Coffee


I was really happy to hear my city would have this shop.


 
Besides regular coffee, you can also choose flavored coffees.



I've been to Hawaii before, and this interior reminded me of the trip.


People would associate Hawaii with surfing.

 
You can buy some Hawaiian goods.


Can you recognize that the ice cubes are a bit black? Those ice cubes include a bit of coffee so that they won't dilute the coffee when they melt. 


As I told you before I'm a huge fan of coffee (especially iced coffee), and I made postings on coffee shops like Doutor, Veloce, and Backyard Cafe. And this one called "Bad Ass Coffee" opened in a nearby shopping mall in '08. I visited another Bad Ass Coffee in Makuhari , Chiba prefecture, two years ago, and I wished then there had been one in my city. So when I heard the news that we'd have one in my city, I was really happy.

This shop came from Hawaii, as the interior suggests, and it features Kona coffee, which can be harvested in Hawaii. I think Japanese coffee shops are not bad at making coffee, but when it comes to really good coffee, I should visit American coffee shops or others from Europe. I've visited many Italian restaurants and they served delicious and aromatic coffee. And when I went to California a decade ago, the coffee at a hotel was also better than ours. So basically I think coffee should be brewed the European or American way.

I usually have instant coffee at home and canned coffees when I'm out, but as a coffee aficionado I need to have a superb coffee from time to time. And this shop offers a "bad-assed" coffee indeed.